Epoxy Mounting Systems
Epoxy Mounting Systems
Epoxy mounting resin and hardener systems are recommended for mounting specimens that are sensitive to high pressures and temperatures. Buehler's epoxy resin and hardener products provide good physical adherence, low shrinkage, and excellent infiltration into pores.
Epoxy chemistry is a complex balance of many factors including shrinkage, cure time, viscosity and adherence. Each lab application requires a slightly different priority of these factors and our line of epoxy mounting resins and hardeners has been specially developed to provide the ideal product for your application.
Some applications require the performance of epoxies but demand a quick cure time. EpoKwick FC and EpoHeat CLR resins and hardeners are the ideal products for these applications.
Optimized Chemistry for Excellent Results:
- Epoxy chemistry is a complex balance of many factors including shrinkage, cure time, viscosity and adherence. Each lab application requires a slightly different priority of these factors and our line of epoxies has been specially developed to provide the ideal product for your application.
High Performance with Quick Cure:
- Some applications require the performance of epoxies but demand a quick cure time. EpoKwick FC and EpoHeat CLR are the ideal products for these applications.
- EpoHeat CLR can cure in as little as 60 minutes with a curing oven, while EpoKwick FC cures in 120 minutes at room temperature.
Excellent Infiltration for High Quality Mounts:
- Some samples contain pores and voids that are difficult to fill during mounting but must be filled to acheive the correct results.
- EpoThin 2 offers excellent infiltration, great edge retention, and a low peak temperature to deliver high quality mounts.
|Epoxy Mounting Systems Specifications|
|Product||Cure Time||Peak Exotherm||Shrinkage||Viscosity||Pot Life||Shore D Hardness|
6 hrs @
|104°F [40°C]||Low||Low||30 min||~80|
60 min @
|324°F [162°C]||Low||Very Low||270 min||~82|
9 hrs @
|86°F [30°C]||Low||Low||60 min||~78|
120 min @
|250°F [121°C]||Low||Very Low||10 min||~82|
|EpoxiCure||Resin||20-3430-064||64 oz [1.9 L]|
|EpoxiCure||Resin||20-3430-128||128 oz [3.8 L]|
|EpoxiCure||Hardener||20-3432-016||16 oz [0.48 L]|
|EpoxiCure||Hardener||20-3432-032||32 oz [0.95 L]|
|EpoHeat CLR||Resin||20-3423-064||64 oz [1.9 L]|
|EpoHeat CLR||Hardener||20-3424-016||16 oz [0.48 L]|
|EpoThin 2||Resin||20-3440-032||32 oz [0.95 L]|
|EpoThin 2||Resin||20-3440-128||128 oz [3.8 L]|
|EpoThin 2||Hardener||20-3442-016||16 oz [0.48 L]|
|EpoThin 2||Hardener||20-3442-064||64 oz [1.9 L]|
|EpoKwick FC||Resin||20-3453-128||128 oz [3.8 L]|
|EpoKwick FC||Hardener||20-3453-032||32 oz [0.95 L]|
Epoxy System Accessories & Related Products for the Epoxy Mounting Systems
- Mounting Application Guide
- EpoKwick FC - Brochure
- EpoKwick FC - Instruction Sheet
Epoxy Mounting SystemsSorry no videos at the moment.